- Ministry Partners
- News & Events
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Missions Committee of the Diocese of Western Anglicans is a standing committee which:
- Upholds the primacy of Christian Mission, defined as planting and watering the seed of the Gospel in other cultures with intention that practices not essential to the Gospel and to Christian living remain indigenous, so that the Gospel is without cultural barriers to acceptance;
- Encourages congregations to share ideas and resources for short term missions (both domestic and foreign);
- Encourages the support of long term missionaries by the Diocese's congregations and, when agreeable, the sharing of such support among two or more congregations;
- Assists the Evangelism Committee in cross-cultural evangelism so that congregations in this diocese become attractive to people of all races and cultural backgrounds; and
- Encourages and helps to facilitate the planting of new churches by the Dioceses's congregations.
The Scriptural model for the Missions Committee is Gen 12:11-3:
Go forth from your country . . . in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed, and the Great Commission, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations.
The Co-Chairmen of the Missions Committee are:
The Executive Committee Liaison is: